Happiness is within reach. Here is my list of mood boosting activities – it is a list I keep for when I need a pick-me-up. Try making your own list and watch your life expand.
- Write a letter to an old friend. In fact write lots of letters to lots of friends. It will let people know they mean something to you, keep your connections strong and fill you with warmth to remember your special people.
- Spend some quality time in nature. Flowers and leaves, an autumn breeze; if you can’t remember the feeling, go and explore; see for yourself.
- Bake something tasty. A wholesome quality only found in the kitchen. Even if it’s through use of a bread maker, cook up a treat, and then share with your family, neighbours and friends. Joy!
- Cuddle your pet. Just look at them… A cuddle would make you both happy and you know it.
- Make a smoothie. Health, vitality, fruit. What’s not to love.
- Water your plants. It’s a nurturing feeling. Try it – and the plant will thank you by continuing to fill the air with freshness and oxygen.
- Do a little organising. Making lists is oddly relaxing. Your head has everything in order, you know?
- Do a little sprucing. Tidying is far from a chore when you know you’re heading for a better mood. Put some music on. Get into it.
- Do a yoga pose. You don’t have to spend money as free lessons are all over the internet. Breathing and relaxing into a posture is a delicious way to energise and unwind.
- Play your favourite music. Dancing around the kitchen or laid back taking in the world; it makes no difference. Music is the original source; it makes you happy.